Using the Department of Music
- The Department of Music is essentially a reference library. You are welcome to use our spacious Reading Room!
- For conservation reasons, use of the original manuscripts is restricted.
- You can view up to five items a day. Normally, the items will be available for you in the Reading Room no more than two hours after being ordered.
- Members of the information service in the Reading Room will be pleased to tell you about our collections and how to search them.
- With permission from library staff, secondary literature can be copied unless this is not allowed for conservation reasons.
- If you require reproductions of manuscripts or music prints, you can request a scan (» Conditions)
- Taking photographs in the Reading Room is permitted by agreement with the information service staff on duty.
(Please comply with copyright and individual rights)
Loans for exhibitions
Please send requests for loans in writing, stating the items you require (if possible with reference numbers), directly to our » Department Director. Please give the name of the borrowing organisation and the title, location and duration of the exhibition. You can find the terms and conditions and charges » here.